- The organization is relocating elsewhere and it makes sense to have SoftFile move the boxes instead of the organization having to pay movers. Did yo know - about 1,400 boxes (at 30 lbs each) weighs about 42,000, which is usually the maximum payload that a semi-truck can carry.
- A new records management law (e.g. the time-frame by which you must facilitate a public records act request) has passed requiring the company to act.
- There is a hiring freeze, so having SoftFile scan the paper (or provide data entry), frees-up the organization's employees (that were scanning) to do other business processes.
- A manager is looking for a pet-project so that when it comes time to seek a promotion, they can point to the implemented scanning project as a demonstrated management success. We have actually seen this example a few times.
- A Return-On-Investment is realized (the light-bulb moment); becoming clear that electronic retrieval is much - much faster than paper retrieval. Employee time equals money.
This information has been provided by: